Monday, January 12, 2009

The 'Twilight' screenplay that didn't make the cut

Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg may have hit a jackpot with her Twilight adaptation, but there's another screenplay that has been winning fans all over the Internet. I'm talking about Eric D. Snider's rejected Twilight screenplay. I pasted Scene 1 below. See the rest for yourself here.

Scene 1

BELLA: I'm sad to leave the hellish, uninhabitable wasteland of Phoenix to live in a rain-soaked town full of rubes. I wish everything about my comfortable and privileged life were completely different!
DAD: Hi, Bella! Welcome to Forks, Washington. I'm glad you've stopped playing mother to your own flighty, irresponsible mom and come here to be my mother instead.
BELLA: It will be my pleasure to cook and clean for you.
DAD: I bought you an old truck from an Indian in a wheelchair!
BELLA: I ... have no response for that.


Read the rest of this overlooked masterpiece.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAD: I bought you an old truck from an Indian in a wheelchair!
    BELLA: I ... have no response for that.

    --hahah I nice one! They could've used this line for humor in the film tsk tsk tsk

    ReplyDelete