Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Rob is no Edward when he sings

It's 6:45am and I'm editing a piece on macros, with Rob Pattinson crooning "Never Think" in the background. The boy has a nice timbre to his voice that makes me forget he's a Brit. The unplugged vibe to this song also reminds me of the kind of Pinoy ballads that became popular some years back. It's a sweet song--and it leaves no trace of Edward at all. 

Which suits me fine. Rob is Rob, and his two songs in the sountrack are worthy of the hype. I think he's organically talented, but I wonder if his music will make waves without piggybacking on Twilight. I know as an artist he probably prefers people to know his music apart from his Edward persona. But with his music making a major debut in the movie's soundtrack album, well, good luck! The fans will always be looking out for Edward's soul, as I was, though I'm embarassed to admit so :-)

Speaking of vampires and music...

All vampires have magnetic voices, an "evolutionary" necessity that enables them to draw their primary prey--humans. I could only presume they do more than just carry a tune. But Edward does more than sing; he is "musical," even his family acknowledges so. That's a talent that's uniquely his; it's not something that all vampires have. Remember Bella's lullaby? There are several pages on that in "Midnight Sun," but I'm not about to leave spoilers here, so just go ahead and read it yourself--http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_partialdraft3.pdf


Never Think - Robert Pattinson

1 comment:

  1. I read that when Rob prepared for his role, he was asked to compose those two songs so he can feel his character, since they knew that he's also a musician.
    But anyway, Rob is a good singer and for his songs being part of the ost is just right! Way to go glitter tits! c",)

    ReplyDelete