Monday, December 1, 2008

Did Alice predict we are goin gaga over TWILIGHT???

What: Twilight, the movie
Who: TJ and Louise (the twilight virgins), Ate Tin and Jen (the avid book readers)
When: Twilight's first week

There are a lot of goodies TWILIGHT brought to all those who have seen it. It was quite impossible for me to organize them all so here's what I've come up...


1. Casting was awesome. Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen. Wow! Robert Pattinson is really good-looking, that has to be said. Those grimaces, the look of desire to eat/smooch/eat/kiss Bella… Pattinson IS Edward. That penetrating stare was scary and sexy. Another thing I liked about Robert Pattinson was how he made Edward seem so ironically fragile. He was strong and fast and again, really good-looking, but also disgusted with himself. He made this vampire Edward seem vulnerably (and desirably) human. Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan. She’s got that simple but ethereal Bella charm. I also enjoyed how she brought Bella’s awkwardness to life, how she didn’t want to be seen as the new girl, the first parts of the film. Billy Burke as Charlie Swan. Charlie was quiet, but you could feel how protective he was of his daughter. One of my favorite Charlie scenes was when Bella pretended to break up with Edward and walked out on her father. It was heartbreaking seeing Charlie try to comprehend what was happening. Again, he didn’t say much but wow, you could see in his eyes how lost and heartbroken he was. I was teary-eyed in that scene!! (yay **blushing**) The humans! hehe Casting was really good. Mike Newton was charming, Angela, the quiet one, was endearing, Jessica was cute, Eric was refreshing. They’re such a fun circle of friends, why go hang out with a bunch of vampires? *a picture of Edward Cullen flashes in mind* Oh, right! (chuckles). The Cullen family. I could feel the kinship! Carlisle stole the show here. Peter Facinelli gave the doctor a take-charge attitude and was really fatherly. Robert Pattinson-Kristen Stewart as Edward and Bella. They look really good together.

2. Baseball scene! Loved the action here! Those lightning strikes, jumping around, the music! Fun, fun ;P

3. The biology scenes. That first shot of Edward alone at the lab table was awesome. It was a beauty shot, definitely. And his hand on the nose thing that made Bella discreetly check herself? Hilarious! And the second biology scene when Edward introduces himself, ooooh, the tension begins! Prophase, metaphase and anaphase...

4. The music. I love the soundtrack! Favorites played during the movie were the songs during the baseball scene: SuperMassive Black Hole by Muse (it's always giving me the goosebumps), the “Bella Italia” scene (that’s Rob singing!), the gazebo scene and all of PARAMORE's tracks in there. Whenever Robert Pattinson’s songs were played during the movie, I wanted to squeal. weeeeeeeeeeehhh! But the track I love best is the last scene at the prom: Iron & Wine's Flightless Bird, American Mouth. (I really liked how Alice kicks when on her pitches).

5. The first time the Cullens walked into the cafeteria. Oh man, I was thrilled! I've never read the book yet but I knew it's them! Rosalie and Emmett (and their white make-up), cute Alice and Jasper, and hot Edward. Loved the smile he gave when Jessica said something about him not dating anybody. First Edward smile! Oh well, when you get to see the movie over and over again, you'll realize how "luvley" all of them are (even James. Yes, that insane nomad)

6. Forks, Washington. Oh wow, I loved how cold and damp this place is! It’s all grey and wet, you totally get why the Cullens like it there. That aerial shot of the forest was beautiful.

7. That scene where Bella falls asleep on his chest. Damn. That look of utter devotion on Edward’s face as he gazed at his sleeping lady? Perfection. So tortured, so desiring yet in control. Robert Pattinson, you rock \m/

8. The scene I loved the most was when they both arrived in school and Edward (in shades *swoon, swoon, swoon*) said, “I’m breaking all the rules now…” and he had his arm around Bella……….gaaaaaawwwddd!!!

For me and Louise the lines were already oh soooo mushy but both Ate Tin and Jen thought they were not mushy enough and it's totally made me want to read the books now! My heart's definitely want to melt over this romantic novel!

3 comments:

  1. The scene I loved the most was when they both arrived in school and Edward (in shades *swoon, swoon, swoon*) said, “I’m breaking all the rules now…” and he had his arm around Bella… --- I loved this too! When Bella was self-conscious because everyone stared, and Edward just put his sun shades on? I forgot to breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love that scene too! I'd change place with Bella in this scene...except of course on that flying or jumping through the trees part though, but it's still good! Grrr TJ you have to remind me of those scenes again? Now I don't think I'll able to sleep early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's makes the two of us now Louise ;P

    ReplyDelete