Monday, December 1, 2008

Better Late Than Never --Twilight Did Hit Me Hard"er" Than I Expected

Last Friday, after the much awaited girls night out with Ate Tin, Jen and TJ; we finally made it in our seats with anticipation and excitement to watch Twilight!
Note: Thanks for saving me! I was like... "I'd better be taken as a snack by James the evil vampire in the movie than be stuck at the 38th floor thinking of how miserable my life is that day with the monster" hahaha.

As I haven't read the book yet, I didn't know the characters by heart and I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. Since it is a hit, I wanted to explore the world of Twilight; and who else to better join me in my journey? Of course the hopeless romantic and avid fans themselves, Ate Tin and Jen!

There I was, sitting trying to feel all kilig and romantic and giddy as a teenager, but something was definitely amiss. I felt incomplete even as the movie ended (not incomplete like having a guy as a date for this movie though); but just like what Ate Tin said on being dazzled.

It was a good movie, what made it more better was the fact that the characters had so many close ups scenes that you cannot help but swoon at the sight of Edward, and even though Carlisle's make-up is a bit funny...if I have a vampire father he's definitely going to be my first pick! The cinematography is also good but I really wasn't affected the way I expected myself to be drawn (but wait...something happened...).

It's a good thing though that I watched the movie first, because now I can truly appreciate the story and the book. That's why I love books because it's more descriptive and you get to paint your own imagination, something that a movie cannot sometimes do.

But wait...something happened... as I was having dinner with my college friends last Sunday, One of my friends depressed in love and everything about it. I was just silent and suddenly a very weird thing happened. I was like...Oh my god! Did I just had a flash back on the scenes I watched in Twilight? (And while I'm eating my Korean food at that?) Suddenly there was the magic I was looking for when I watched the movie! How Edward is like a knight and shining armor, the lines that Ate Tin posted on her skype and YM, their faces, the romantic moments...My heart just did a back flip!

I think Stephanie Meyer is magical and there's just something about her that made this story of Edward and Bella memorable. She said in an interview that she dreamt of this story; well that is something special for me. To think that I was losing all hope to feel that magical pull of Twilight and then it suddenly hit me harder than I expected. I'm now gushing and my hands is itching to read the four books. How the Twilight story hit me so hard is still unexplainable.

I'm just thankful that I totally felt what the other ladies in the whole world felt even though it's a bit delayed. Cheers for that! c",)

2 comments:

  1. "How the Twilight story hit me so hard is still unexplainable." - Exactly my sentiment! Thanks for the nice post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it sure did pull off for everyone I knew who have seen it. I was like, I could have said something like "What was that Edward was saying?!?! duh?!" But he is just soooo adorable and smexy to dislike in this film, so there's nothing to hate about it! haha

    ReplyDelete